Free The CBC!
Dave Killion — October 29, 2012
On November 19, 2012, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) will begin public hearings on the renewal of radio and television licenses for the CBC -
“The CRTC will examine the public broadcaster’s role in light of its powers under the Broadcasting Act. The following are some of the issues that the Commission plans to discuss:
- CBC/Radio-Canada’s overall strategy
- equivalent quality of services in French and English
- representation of official language minority communities
- regional reflection and the services offered in northern Canada
- the accessibility of information relating to the Corporation’s management and the effectiveness with which public comments are handled
- the addition of advertising on Espace Musique and Radio 2, and
- commercial agreements. ”
Disclaimer: The articles and opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Libertarian Book Club.